What am I currently up to? Find out more here!
- My PhD thesis project: “Making an Atlantic North Carolina: Scottish Networks in the Eighteenth Century”
- Various journal article manuscripts on early American social life, including a look at the scandalous love affair of Dr Robert Lenox, the development of marriage law and issues of consent in early North Carolina, and a project on the social networks of the women of the 1774 “Edenton Tea Party.”
- The Future of Early Modern Scottish Studies 2017 conference and ongoing productions
- University of St Andrews Open Association “Scots Abroad” short course
- In development: an interactive website and app to illustrate Scottish family networks in eighteenth-century North Carolina and the Atlantic world.
- “From Civil War to Civil Rights: the African American Experience at Poplar Grove” exhibit and lecture series at Poplar Grove Foundation, Wilmington, NC (2013-2014) funded by the North Carolina Humanities Council.